Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Great Gatsby my opinion

I don't think Gatsby is that great of a guy in some ways but he is in other. In his youth he ran away from home however when he was older he help his father by buying him a house to live. He loves Daisy but he has to break up a marriage to get her. Gatsby in my opinion is kind in the middle but I say that he is more of on the not so good guy side.

Nick says he's honest. He is honest. To himself. Everyone sees things differently. 20 people could see the same thing that happened like say something was streaming Fortnite. There are a million different ways people would talk or think about it. It sucks, it's amazing, its lame, etc. Nick interprated this story this way. What about how Daisy or Jrodan saw it? What about Gatsby and Tom? Different perspectives can cause different stories.

To me Daisy and Tom worked more like a team than they seem. Daisy is easily swayed by money and nice things. Tom is a duche who was born into money and only wants money. I believe that they loved each other every second of the story but they acted like they didn't so they could get Gatsby's money. (If wanted to be better explained comment and I will explain this more)

I don't like Daisy at all I think her choices were pretty dumb and selfish. She really only wants what's best for her not anyone else. Let's take her daughter for example. Daisy doesn't give a flying diaper about her own daughter. It's like she's just a trophy or something let Daisy show off as something that she cares about. However, Daisy doesn't care and this shown because she only ever seen her 3 times according to this story. The first has to be st her birth. Second in the beginning. And lastly when Gatsby was around. The daughter's name isn't even mentioned. If Daisy was real then I wouldn't let me child go near her.

The last sentence in the book is interesting. It said "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" (Fitzgerald IX 189). This last sentence to me is saying that even though we're living now. Even though were going against obstacles now we are still affected by what we did or what other have done to us in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment