Thursday, September 27, 2018

A Dream Within a Dream

I recently read a poem called "A Dream Within a Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe. What caught my attention in the poem is when he says "And I hold within my hand... Grains of the golden sand- How few! yet how hey creep...  Through my fingers to the deep, While I weep- while I weep!  O God! Can I not grasp Them with a tighter clasp? O God! can I no save One from the pitiless wave?". I feel like Edgar Allan Poe is trying to say that you can have this amazing wonderful thing in the palm of your hand. It can be anything really like a loved one, that game you always wanted, that book that you saw at the book store, anything really. Yet no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you don't want to lose it, it'll just disappear. He/She left or passed away forever never to be seen again except for on social media. That game all scratched up or maybe even missed placed. The book oh the book should have never left the bookshelf then maybe the baby or dog wouldn't have ripped the pages out or ran off and put it somewhere else where you'll never see it again. You can really love something or someone and try your very best to not lose it/them but in the end you will lose grip in someway and it/they slips out through your fingers. All you can do then is sit and cry and mourn because you lost the most or one of the most amazing thing/s in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment